Modules on DataStage v 7.x

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jseclen
Participant

Modules on DataStage v 7.x

Post by jseclen »

Hi Forum

I want to know how many and what Modules are in the new version of Data Stage (7.x) ,

Thanks for your help :wink:
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Define your term "module". Without that, you have a "how long is a piece of string" question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nope. Same modules.... well, unless you go way back and consider Version Control a new module.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'd call those "clients".

Yes there are only the five (including Version Control, which has been a part of DataStage since at least version 5.2).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jseclen
Participant

Post by jseclen »

What is the function of this module ???

Is used to versioning jobs?? like SourceSafe ???

:cry:
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First of all, it's not new. Until 7.5 Version Control had to be installed as a separate client, but it was all there on the CD.

Its function is to promote DataStage components (in named and described batches) from development to test and production environments, automatically managing version numbers. Optionally you can recompile, and make objects read-only in the target environment.

It does not, currently, have check-out and check-in capability. So in that respect it is not quite exactly like Source Safe. On the other hand, VC can manage DataStage design objects; Source Safe can not.