Sequencer Restartability

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequencer Restartability

Post by shiva459 »

I have designed a sequencer with two jobs and they have routine activity stages before and after the job.For restartability purpose I have checked the two check boxes in sequencer properties.The two jobs have execution action as RUN.I use a utility written in DSBasic to read and pass params to the job.Now the problem is when I call the sequencer from the utility it aborts with a message
"sqrPRD001MerchHierarchyLoad..JobControl (@AcsDsLogBegin001): Controller problem: Unhandled failure (402) encountered calling routine DSU.AcsDsLogBegin".

When I uncheck the restartability options in the sequencer it works fine.I am not sure how the restartability is related to calling my routine activity.

The job design is as follows:

beforejobroutine------> <job1>------>afterjobroutine------->beforejobroutine-----><job2>------->afterjobroutine.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Edit the job properties of the Job Sequence, and look at the generated code on the Job Control tab. This is the code that (in compiled form) is executed when you request a job sequence run. See if this helps you to determine how the Routine Activity is calling Routine AcsDsLogBegin. For example, does it have the correct number of arguments?

You also need to check to determine that the Routine itself has been compiled successfully.

Resetting the Job Sequence in Director may yield further diagnostic information in an event titled "from previous run". (Or it may not.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sequencer Restartability

Post by chulett »

shiva459 wrote:I am not sure how the restartability is related to calling my routine activity.
Check this post,it should help explain how they relate. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers