Constraints and Rejected Rows in Server jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phillip.small
Participant

Constraints and Rejected Rows in Server jobs

Post by phillip.small »

I do not have any constraints in the input file but have a database error or warning, how do I write those records to a reject file. Based on a couple of suggestions and the help menu, I have tried the linkname.REJECTED option and created a new output link.

Thanks for all of your input and advice, I am learning a lot as this is a new thing for me.
Jamesvanam
Participant

Post by Jamesvanam »

Oh Boy, what a coincidence, right now I'm working on the same thing, I need to find out how to do this, I'm trying different stuff but nothing seems to work,
Try this one: just check the checkboc Reject Row in the secondlink(or rejcet link) which has to be the last one and mention no constraint in this one either, see if this works it didn't work for me though.

Good luck
James
phillip.small
Participant

Post by phillip.small »

Jamesvanam wrote:Oh Boy, what a coincidence, right now I'm working on the same thing, I need to find out how to do this, I'm trying different stuff but nothing seems to work,
Try this one: just check the checkboc Reject Row in the secondlink(or rejcet link) which has to be the last one and mention no constraint in this one either, see if this works it didn't work for me though.

Good luck
James
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. Thanks for the reply.
phillip.small
Participant

Post by phillip.small »

phillip.small wrote:
Jamesvanam wrote:Oh Boy, what a coincidence, right now I'm working on the same thing, I need to find out how to do this, I'm trying different stuff but nothing seems to work,

Good luck
James
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. Thanks for the reply.
My worked by resetting the target array size to correct amount.
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

hI,
Define a second link.
Do not put any constraint
Mark it as a Reject Row.
Also it should be last link when looking at the link ordering
In this way it will have rejected records.
Also set array size to 0.

Ketfos