Problem facing while Import Old Version 6.1 Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thirupri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem facing while Import Old Version 6.1 Jobs

Post by thirupri »

Gurus,
We have DataStage 6.0 and DataStage 7.1 in different server. I want one job to be moved to the new version 7.1. So I exported the job from the old version 6.1 and while importing to 7.1. I am getting NLS Code page error. If any one did it already can you advice me.

Thanks with Regards,
Best Regards,
Thiruma Valavan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might want to post the error in its entirety, that may help. I would guess that either one server has NLS installed and the other doesn't or they are not setup with the same code page.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
thirupri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thirupri »

Thanks C.Hulett. Here error message appears as follows:

"File L:\Jihad\DSExportcustquery.dsx can only be imported when the client code page is 1252 - it is currently 1256

File L:\Jihad\DSExportcustquery.dsx does not appear to be a valid DataStage export file or is from an incompatible release.

A valid DataStage export file is expected to be in Windows format (i.e. using CRLF line terminators).

Thanks with Regards,
Best Regards,
Thiruma Valavan
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

I'm reasonably sure that you can edit the DSX file and change the code page to 1252 then try to import it.

You should try to sync up the code pages, though, unless they're different for a reason.

Tony
thirupri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thirupri »

Thanks Tonystark. I edited the DSX File and changed the code page from 1252 to 1256 and imported it. It's working fine.

Thanks to all.

Regards,
Best Regards,
Thiruma Valavan