DataStage 7.5 upgrade - Known Issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajahnassay
Participant

DataStage 7.5 upgrade - Known Issues

Post by ajahnassay »

For those people who have installed or upgraded to DataStage 7.5 in a Windows environment, did you experience any issues or complications in the installation/upgrade process for DataStage 7.5 Server Edition?
flashgordon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by flashgordon »

Hi,

I installed DS 7.5 Server Edition on an XP Pro Client. I installed from scratch and then Imported my 7.1 Jobs. I didn't upgrade. I have it working pretty well. It is reading a teradata database where I work through ODBC. I had trouble with Project Variable on the Win Server but I'm having trouble with project variables in Unix too. My server is a personal copy that I use to collect techniques and approaches, I don't run any production jobs on it. I just installed Win SP2 and everything including the Windows DS 7.5 server seems to still be working. What kind of problems are you having?

... Tom Gordon
Flash Gordon
Hyperborean Software Solution
mleroux
Participant

Post by mleroux »

Windows XP service pack 2 does cause problems with DataStage, versions 7.0 and 7.5.

See the posts here and here for more info.
Morney le Roux

There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
flashgordon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by flashgordon »

Mourney,

That was great that you found those specific issues with SP2. When I posted that DS 7.5 worked with SP2 I was thinking more at the gross level. I didn't know a lot about SP2 and I was scared the new SP2 firewall would slam my server shut from the client or something. I have what Ascential officially says about SP2 in a document if anyone wants it. So I was relieved when I was still able to access my xp pro DS server after I installed sp2. In fact SP2 didn't even seem to really notice that the Ascential server was running and it was quite painless. But it sounds like other people have used DS 7.5 on SP2 a lot and have found some specifc issues which you have reported. I just don't think Microsoft does a ton of testing of DataStage Server when it comes out with something like SP2 so I was nervous.

... Tom
Flash Gordon
Hyperborean Software Solution