To Highlight the Header in server job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thirupri
Premium Member
Premium Member

To Highlight the Header in server job

Post by thirupri »

Gurus,
I need tips. When I send mail in the body of the message I want to Highlight the word as heading and the message as normal text format. I want to know is it possible. Here is my script:

pmSendTo = "TV@aaa.com";
pmSubject = "ETL - IGNORE - Test Mail";
XFrom = "From:TV@aa.com";
XTo = "To:" :pmSendTo;
XSubject = "Subject:" :pmSubject;
XServer = "Server:cennotes01";

XBody = "Body: \n ":Char(2):"Heading":" \n ";
XBody = XBody : "the details ":" \n ";

Our mail server is Lotus Notes.
Best Regards,
Thiruma Valavan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

By 'highlight' do you mean you want it to be bold? I don't believe that you have any control over that, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. You may be able to embed the control characters that tell Notes to do that. :? Of course, you'd need to know what to embed... and if that would even work... is that what you've been attempting with the Char(2)?

Hopefully, someone with some specific experience with this will respond.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
thirupri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thirupri »

Highlight me "BOLD". I tried with char(2) but, it gives me some junk character. Thanks for your comments "chulett". I am waiting for GURUS who had done this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Best Regards,
Thiruma Valavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Send your mail as HTML or XML and you can go completely crazy with tags. On the down side, YOU will have to put the tags in.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thirupri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thirupri »

Thanks Ray. I tried by sending .html file as follows:
"D:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dssmtpmail.exe -server 10.10.1.1 -from TValavan@AA.com.sa -subject "ETL - Test Mail" -message d:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\DAILY_DEV\fortest1.htm TValavan@AA.com.sa "

But before this bat file executes it convert the message to txt format and sending it to the Server. Is any other way to avoid the convertions
to text file.

Thanks with Regards,
Best Regards,
Thiruma Valavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSSendMail is merely an interlude to sendmail(), an extremely basic mail client. I believe, to make use of extended functionality, you will need to use a more capable mail client.
You are trying to get DataStage functions (and the UNIX function) to perform a task that was not within their design specifications.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.