heap size limit

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srikanthd1978
Charter Member
Charter Member

heap size limit

Post by srikanthd1978 »

does anyone know what the following error means.. I am trying to read a file from Mianfram system which has been put onto my Unix .. i have the CFD plugged into the Seq file stage and am trying to view the data.. the complex clmns are flattenned out..

'The current soft limit on the data segment (heap) size (2147483645) is less than the hard limit (2147483647), consider increasing the heap size limit'

'Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV'
ogmios
Participant

Re: heap size limit

Post by ogmios »

Talk to your system administrators... it's a setup "problem" they can fix.

Ogmios
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You'd have to be dead unlucky to hit a problem in the last two bytes of a data segment!

However, DataStage pre-checks that you can allocate the entire space and, when it encounters the discrepancy, you get that message. Looks like it's not allowing for some kind of two-byte "magic number" in the segment header.

Report this to support, and let us know the outcome.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lgharis »

We had a job getting this error. Developer re wrote their new SQL statement in a lookup stage to fix the problem. Maybe they had a mis matched pareenthesis or something. Don't know.
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX