Determine which link activated a sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rdy
Participant

Determine which link activated a sequencer

Post by rdy »

I have a sequence job that controls the flow of my process with multiple JobActivity activities. Each JobActivity has a trigger if the server job it calls doesn't return OK. These triggers all feed into a Sequencer activity that activates a generic error email.

Question: how do I go about retrieving the name of the JobActivity that was triggered? This would allow me to include the name of the Server job that failed in my email message.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe so... or at least I've never found an automated way to do that. :? Perhaps some kind of routine to farm through the logs?

About the only thing I could add is the last job status dump you find in the email (assuming you include that) is from the one that had a problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe this can be done either. If you need the capability, you could use separate Notification Activities for the Job Activities, and hard code the Job Activity job name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.