Creating XML output using DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peternolan9
Participant

Creating XML output using DS

Post by peternolan9 »

Hi All,
I think I must be stupid :oops: I am trying to do something as simple as download a table to an XML file and it just won't do what I want..

The test table has 7 columns and 20 rows. In the descriptions I am putting
/doc/row/<columnname>/text()

However, rather than one file which starts from doc, then has rows, then have fields with data in them I get 20 files each with one row in it!!!

Can someone be so very kind as to tell me how to make DS send all the rows to one file??

Also, where is the documentation on how to use the XML packs? I've searched around the user guides and can't find anything that looks remotely helpful....

Thanks in Advance...
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com
denzilsyb
Participant

Post by denzilsyb »

hallo
where is the documentation on how to use the XML packs
I havent played with xml yet, but the documentation part you might need is in the install directory for DS client. the pdf is called: XMLPACK_20_Designer. If not there, check your CD for the pdf.
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson
peternolan9
Participant

Post by peternolan9 »

Denzil,
thanks for this..I found the doc and I found the option...amazing what you can do when you read the manual!!! :wink:

On the output stage->transformation settings tab there is an option that says 'aggregate all rows'. it is just above 'single row'.

Apparently what this means is "Do you want a single row to be written to a single file or do you want all rows written to a single file?".....

I'm not sure why anyone would want one file per row of input data but I guess someone must have!!!

Again, thanks for the pointer...I hope this helps some other person trying to figure out the same!!!!
denzilsyb wrote:hallo
where is the documentation on how to use the XML packs
I havent played with xml yet, but the documentation part you might need is in the install directory for DS client. the pdf is called: XMLPACK_20_Designer. If not there, check your CD for the pdf.
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com