DB2 Client

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzyzan
Participant

DB2 Client

Post by akrzyzan »

Hi,
I am going to export data from DB2 ( AS400) to Oracle database. I think that I can use the DB2/UDB plug-in :).
I read the plug-in's documentation and I have one simple question.
Is there any special DB2 Client to use it with this situation?
And one more question.
Do you know, what kind of problems can I meet in this not complex process? If you have an experiance, plaese let me know.

Thanks,
Anka :D
ogmios
Participant

Re: DB2 Client

Post by ogmios »

Depending on whether you use wire or non-wire protocol (see your DataStage administrator guide) you need to install a DB2 client on the DataStage server. This would be the normal DB2 client.

From DB2 to Oracle you probably have to figure out the correct masks for timestamp/dates. For the rest it should be relatively simple.

If you only have a small set of data I would consider using the ODBC stage for in- and output.

Ogmios
akrzyzan
Participant

Post by akrzyzan »

Thanks for replay,

So far I am not sure what quantity of data have to be moved. When I get more information about volume of databases I hope you could help me then ,

Regards,
Anka
akrzyzan
Participant

Post by akrzyzan »

Hi Ogmios,

It's me again. :)

You told me that I should have used ODBC driver .
Maybe you could also help me to choose between: DB2UDB stage with DB2 Client or ODBC stage with DataDirect DB2 Wire Protocol ?

And I understand that when I use DataDirect I don't need DB2 Client ?

I wrote that I don't know how many data have to be moved so far. But maybe you know which connection is faster and better ?

Anka