Unable to remove shared memory segment(s) during shutdown:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Athorne
Participant

Unable to remove shared memory segment(s) during shutdown:

Post by Athorne »

Just wanted to give folks a heads up who are on the AIX 5.2 platform. We have recently applied a bos.rte patch set version 5.2.0.30 to our boxes. Since that time we have been unable to down the Ascential Daemon Processes cleanly. A reboot of the system will get you back up and running in the meantime, but the next time the daemon gets taken down it will have issues.

This is a known problem with the 5.2.0.30 bos.rte level. The real issue is with ipcrm being affected, and in turn not being able to clear out the shared memory segment(s) on shutdown. There is a fix for it, and we are currently running it through our test lab and will be applying it to our boxes early next week. I wish I had the information for folks to say what the new patch set is that fixes the issue, but the SA's have not applied the fix to my boxes yet. I will post an update once I know what the fixed bos.rte level is.

Andy