NUMBER OF RECORD TO LOW

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobby
Participant

NUMBER OF RECORD TO LOW

Post by bobby »

HI,
I am pulling my data from source florida to michigan its too slow 28 record/sec its just loading to STG no transformation is there any idea
i can increase that flow.
Thanks,
bobby
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

What are your source and targets? Databases on both ends? Flat files? We need some more information about what you're doing before we can be of much help to you.

Tony
bobby
Participant

Post by bobby »

hi,
Source Target is oracle
Thanks
Bobby
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Bobby,

Have you checked the array size on the Oracle stage that you're reading from? You may want to increase it from 1 to some higher value. You may want to start at 1000 and go up and down to see which gives you the best value.

You can look at the documentation for the Oracle OCI stage to see many choice which may help you improve your performance.

Tony
bobby
Participant

Post by bobby »

hi tony,
iwhen i have select statment from sql its fine but problem is in datastage
its simple transformation and i am new to this any way we can increase the performance
thanks
bobby
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Bobby,

Please go back and read my previous post. It gives you one immediate answer to your question. If you don't understand it, please provide more information about your job and perhaps one of us can help you further. For example, I assumed that your source stage was an Oracle OCI stage. Is this correct? What the target stage? Is it the same?

Tony
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

The problem is not with datastage. The problem is the way you tell the datastage to do for you.

If you are new first read the documentation given for Oracle OCI stage. Kindly enroll in Datastage course asap. While posting in the forum give enough information so that I will help the person who want to help you.

Thanks
Rasi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How many rows per second does sqlplus deliver?

The problem could be in the network connection itself.

Are you using identical SQL statements in your OCI stage and in sqlplus?
(If not, your comparison is not valid.)

Remember, too, that rows/second is a very misleading figure. The seconds include all time taken to establish and, possibly, to relinquish the connection to Oracle; for a small number of rows this will be the bulk of the elapsed time!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.