Filtering table names when importing Meta Data (ODBC)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

EJRoufs
Participant

Filtering table names when importing Meta Data (ODBC)

Post by EJRoufs »

When importing new tables into DataStage, we used to be able to provide a partial table name, and it would bring back any tables that had a portion of that string in the name. Now, it seems to not work. If we have a table called VJ.TEST_TABLE, we could just pull back everything with VJ. Now if we do that, it finds no results. So, we have to not filter at all, and pull back everything. We are using version 7.1. Does anybody know if this bug if fixxed in later versions? Where is the best place to report such bugs?
Eric
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
since you left out the DB you are using I'll assume ORACEL, but I may be mistaken!
when you have a <name>.<table name> it usually mean that the <name> is a scheme or owner and is only part of a fully qualified table name.
so if you didn't check the use fully qualified names or filtered for only a specific scheme to show wich is not the one you need it will not show.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea:

Have you got the correct option button selected?

That is, are you filtering on owner or on table name?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
EJRoufs
Participant

Post by EJRoufs »

roy wrote:Hi,
since you left out the DB you are using I'll assume ORACEL, but I may be mistaken!
when you have a <name>.<table name> it usually mean that the <name> is a scheme or owner and is only part of a fully qualified table name.
so if you didn't check the use fully qualified names or filtered for only a specific scheme to show wich is not the one you need it will not show.
We're using DB2 tables, pulling off of the mainframe.

I enter the DSN, user name, password, i have Table Name selected, i type in "VJ." as that is the prefix to all the tables i want, and click "OK".

When it's "searching" the "Name Contains" portion is blank. Shouldn't that have the "VJ." in it? It returns with "No match found". If i go back and take off the "VJ.", and re-run, it comes back with ALL of my tables, many of which start with "VJ.".
Eric