IBM DB2 Load Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JDionne
Participant

IBM DB2 Load Stage

Post by JDionne »

Please forgive me if this is simple, but I am running on about 5 hours of sleep so Im starting to see double right about now.
This is my error:

Code: Select all

EXP1LoadStgTblDB2Load..DB2_UDB_Load_120: Internal Error: Function 'get_stage_prop' failed
Error opening file in 'Directory for Data and Command Files'
I understand that it cant get to the direcotry, but I dont understand why not. This is What I have in the field

\\scrbbususcnc04\ETL_Processes\JOC\ETL_Load_Files\
the folder ETL_Processes is set up as a network share. I am using an ID in the stage that has access to the dir.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Jim
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

Neaver mind...I had an extra space in my text.
Jim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea:
Get more sleep.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

ray.wurlod wrote::idea:
Get more sleep.

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz
JDionne
Participant

Clarification of Stage Paramiters

Post by JDionne »

I have been tring to get a DB2 Load stage to work for a few days now. At first it seemed to be a bit of user error, now it seems to be a bit of user confusion.

Im having trouble currently with the msg output directories. This is right from the help file

Local Message File Name*. The string containing the pathname for the local file name used for output messages.

Remote Message File Name*. The string containing the pathname for the file name used by UDB server for temporary files. Temporary files are created to store messages and consistency points and to delete phase information. You must ensure that each load has a unique fully qualified remote file name. 

Does this mean that DS will create the txt file or do I have to have it already created before the job runs?

Jim
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

This is my new error

SQL3508N  Error in accessing a file or path of type "TEMP_FILE" during load or 
load query.  Reason code: "1".  Path: 
"D:\ETL_Processes\temp\JOCEStageTemp.txt\DB200005.PID\DB200".
Look at the directory that it it is looking for. I supplied

D:\ETL_Processes\temp\JOCEStageTemp.txt
I dont know where the rest of that string is coming from, nor do i Know If i should let it. Has anyone goten this stage to work?
Jim
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

Is

a pathname to a directory or a file? In the stage, which cell are you placing the pathname in?

If it is working directory, try creating the directory

D:\ETL_Processes\temp\JOCEStageTemp
and use this value in the stage.
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

chucksmith wrote:Is

a pathname to a directory or a file? In the stage, which cell are you placing the pathname in?

If it is working directory, try creating the directory

D:\ETL_Processes\temp\JOCEStageTemp
and use this value in the stage.

is the value that i put in Remote Mesage File Name as a file.
wenfei.chen
Participant

Re: IBM DB2 Load Stage

Post by wenfei.chen »

It is really an old post. I encountered the same problem today. ETL server and DB2 reside on different machine. Does anyone know how to point 'Directory for Data and Command Files' to the DB2 box? It will be ok if I point it to ETL server dirctory.
JDionne wrote:Please forgive me if this is simple, but I am running on about 5 hours of sleep so Im starting to see double right about now.
This is my error:

EXP1LoadStgTblDB2Load..DB2_UDB_Load_120: Internal Error: Function 'get_stage_prop' failed
Error opening file in 'Directory for Data and Command Files'
I understand that it cant get to the direcotry, but I dont understand why not. This is What I have in the field

\\scrbbususcnc04\ETL_Processes\JOC\ETL_Load_Files\
the folder ETL_Processes is set up as a network share. I am using an ID in the stage that has access to the dir.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Jim
What's the next?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I faced this exact same problem once. I dont have access to DataStage right now but i know that in the Load stage, the first two directory paths should be pointing towards your Datastage server and the last one is the udb server. I myself couldnt believe that. But the IBM support persons asked me to test it with specifying the udb server directory. To my surprise, it worked.
If you guys can wait till monday, i can tell you exactly where the UDB server path is to be specified.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.