Packaging DataStage Server Install on Unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Athorne
Participant

Packaging DataStage Server Install on Unix

Post by Athorne »

Has anyone packaged their DataStage install in a manner that you can push it other boxes without giong through the whole setup process? I was hoping to get some feedback or suggestions on packaging the install so I don't have to contact a Unix SA to perform a root install with me everytime I have to setup a new box.

I realize there will be a certain amount of work the SA will have to perform to get the daemon running, but was hoping the bulk of the install process could be packaged.

I also have an interest in seeing if anyone has relocated their Projects area. I'm mainly concerned with our developers filling up the filesystem which houses my server install with data and hash files. This would go hand in hand with the packaging idea so I don't have to backup or remove any user specific data when I push this package or an updated server package to other boxes.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi Andy,

On our install, we have the DataStage software on one partition (/appl/asc/v7_1_0/DataStage), our project on another partition (/product_data/datastage/Projects/ProjectName), and our data on a third partition (/scratch/ProjectName). Works fine. You just have to set up the default project location when you install DataStage (in the step where you create a project, I think).

Hope this helps,
Tony