Problem with QS plug-in - please help

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzyzan
Participant

Problem with QS plug-in - please help

Post by akrzyzan »

Few days ago I created job which consits of QualityStage plug-in. Everythig worked well until yesterday. I wanted to see how QualityStageDesigner.mdb is built . I couldn't open this database because it was protected by password. After that I returned to work with DataStage and now I have strange problem. When I open QualityStage plug-in the following error appears :

"DatabaseOpenLocal(E:\Ascential\QualityStageDesigner70\QualityStageDesigner.mdb): (0)"

And I can't see the QS projects and jobs inside QualityStage plug-in.

I can not use QualityStage Designer too because the same error blockes access.

Please, give me advise what to do. I realy don't want to insatl QualityStage again.

Thanks, Anka
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would guess that you've somehow altered or upgraded or in some way changed the .mdb such that it is no longer usable. I personally would have made of copy of it and then played with the copy, not the original... but then they do say that hindsight is 20/20. :wink:

Any chance you have backup?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
akrzyzan
Participant

Post by akrzyzan »

I realy don't know how I could change anything in this database. As I said this .mdb is protected by password so I even can't open it .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Heck of a coincidence, don't you think? :wink: I'm not saying you intentionally changed anything, but from what I remember of the little bit of Access stuff I've done in the past, it will try to convert (or 'upgrade') an mdb from an older version to your current version when you try to open it. No clue if that can happen before the password protection kicks in. I wouldn't think so, but... :?

Hopefully, someone else with experience in these types of things will chime in.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers