Not able to delete jobs from DS Manager

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adrian
Participant

Not able to delete jobs from DS Manager

Post by adrian »

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone ever saw that. We installed two DS clients on two different Windows 2000 machines. Our server is an AIX 5.1 box.
From one of the clients, using DS Manager, I am not able to delete any job, even the jobs I have just created - the delete option in the File menu is not active.
With THE SAME user, but from the other client, I can delete any job.

Any ideas?
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

I've never heard of anything like this. Can you tell us if you have tried to reinstall the client software on the machine having troubles? Or was a previous version installed and possibly you have a mixture of old and new .dll's?

I'd say reinstall would be the first step towards a solution, after that no ideas come to mind
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

Also, from Director when a job is highlighted you can go to the menu Job...Delete... Is the delete option grayed out there too or is this issue just with Manager?
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
adrian
Participant

Post by adrian »

I didn't try to reinstall it yet.
From the Director it works fine, it's only an issue with the Manager...