Starting sequences

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RamonaReed
Participant

Starting sequences

Post by RamonaReed »

I am trying to start a sequence in Datastage for a new instance. I have a development, integration and model environment, and now that I am moving to the model invironment, I want to start a sequence within SDKSequences table at a specific number. I have tried the following:UPDATE SDKSequences USING DICT VOC SET F1 = '1926541' WHERE @ID = 'Agent_Role_Key'; but I am receiving the following error: Command failed to execute - DataStage/SQL: Table "SDKSequences" does not exist. How do you start a sequence that doesn't exist yet? Thanks for any help.

Mona
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Take a look at the SDK routines that manipulate keys, which create the SDKSequences hashed file if it doesn't exist. Mimic that code, or just use one of the routines once!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RamonaReed
Participant

Post by RamonaReed »

Thanks for the help Ray, I copied CREATE.FILE SDKSequences 2 1 1 out of the routine, and was able to create the table, and then my sequence.

Mona
sumitgulati
Participant

Post by sumitgulati »

This is because in your new project the file SDKSequences does not exist.
What you did is one way of doing it but by diong this I have faced some issues in the past. A better way would be to use and of the SDK routines to create any Dummy sequence. The routine internally would create the file SDKSequence as it does not already exist. Then you can use your command to update or create a sequence from whatever number you want.

Regards,
Sumit