Failed to connect to host ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pramod_au
Participant

Failed to connect to host ?

Post by pramod_au »

Hi
When i tried connecting to DS Server i get the following error

Failed to connect to host: <ip address >, project: <xyz>(The connection is broken (81002))

Thanks
Pramod
Thanks
Pramod
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This error code can mean that the connection has timed out based on the inactivity timeout setting. This is most often seen when you've left the client unattended for some time.
It might also mean that the DataStage RPC daemon (dsrpcd) is no longer running.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by s_boyapati »

If you are receiving before connecting to server, please check your password. After some time you connected, this error means may be dsrpcd deamon not running or connection inactivity timeout. If it is because of inactivity timeout, you can change that using DS administrator client.

Sree
pramod_au
Participant

Help: HOW to get my DS server up and running

Post by pramod_au »

Ray,

1. A client was connected to DS server, when it was brought down.
2. After sometime the DS server was started. When client was trying to connect to the server it gave RPC daemon failed.
3. We killed a dsrpc process (fin_wait_2) thread
4. after which we tried to connect to the DS, it gave the error.

Now my question is ,
How to get back the DS server up and running so that i can connect to the DS server thru client.

Thanks
Pramod
ray.wurlod wrote:This error code can mean that the connection has timed out based on the inactivity timeout setting. This is most often seen when you've left the client unattended for some time.
It might also mean that the DataStage RPC daemon (dsrpcd) is no longer running.
Thanks
Pramod
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Do you have any dsapi_slave or dscs processes still hanging around? Kill these off and try starting your server again.

Have a look in the install and upgrade guide under the dsrpcd Issues section for a longer description of this. It suggests the sockets can take 6-10 minutes to timeout after you shut down with dsrpc connections open.