Complex Flat File Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Shaina Austin
Participant

Complex Flat File Stage

Post by Shaina Austin »

Hi All:

Thanks a lot for the previous responces.... :D

I have another worry now. Have to use the CFF(Complex Flat File) Stage for one of my jobs. But have no clue about it. Tried searching in the online doc of datastage, but couldn't find much. Can anyone please provide me with some input regarding CFF. Where can I look up for the info on this stage.

I have a variable lenght fixed width flat file, where each record has variable length. I don't think I can separate the records using hash files as I did for the header and trailer. Any inputs.... :?:

Thank you.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Documentation for the various plugin stages should have been automatically installed on your pc when the client was installed. Look for a CFFStage.pdf in the Docs directory under your DataStage installation folder. If it's not there, you'll need to pull it off of your Server installation cdrom.

I'm not saying that everything will be crystal clear after you read it, but it's where you should start. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers