Help Over this Error MMesg

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sharath
Participant

Help Over this Error MMesg

Post by sharath »

Hi Guys,
i was trying to run a set of jobs from the datastage batch with job control and at one job my batch aborts telling me
"An internal error with the Security Adapter DLL has occurred.
Please ask your systems administrator to check your security adapter.
Bind as ApplicationUser failed"
Can you please throw me some ideas as to how to handle this thing?i am stuck with this.

I am running my job and passing some values like JobName and Desc to a Shared container,but i am sure the shared container is not creating any prob.
let me know plzzzzz
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is definitely one for support. We mere mortals aren't privy to what a "Security Adapter DLL" is supposed to do, or how to debug it when it doesn't.

My guess is that it's the component that checks to see whether your login ID belongs to a DataStage role, in order to authenticate that you're OK to run the batch. But I could be wrong.

But, in any case, any "internal error" needs to be investigated by someone with access to the source code, and that ain't us!

Was any numeric error code also emitted?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sharath
Participant

Post by sharath »

Hey Thanks Ray
I figured it out but did take a while before i could know that a parameter in my shared container was not set rite!and now it works fine!
Thanks a lot though!
Regs
----
My guess is that it's the component that checks to see whether your login ID belongs to a DataStage role, in order to authenticate that you're OK to run the batch. But I could be wrong.