Job Information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zam62
Participant

Job Information

Post by zam62 »

Is it possible to get via the DSGetJobInfo api function to tell if a job has multiple runs possible?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm not sure, but I created a function called IsMultiInstance some time ago. It returns true/false depending on whether the job was multi-instance-capable. It checks the appropriate field in the Repository table record that describes a job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Now that I've looked I'm sure. In version 7 and later:

Code: Select all

DSGetJobInfo(hJob, DSJ.JOBMULTIINVOKABLE)
Details can be found in the Server Job Developer's Guide, page 18-85.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
zam62
Participant

Post by zam62 »

I am running Version 6.0r3. Is there a MULTIINVOKABLE macro for that version?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it is, it's in the online help, and you will find the constant in a file called JOBCONTROL.H in the dsinclude directory.
If it's in neither place, then it's not available in 6.0r3. My routine will work for all releases back to when multi-instance jobs were introduced (5.1?).