Before/After rotuine input values

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johnno
Participant

Before/After rotuine input values

Post by johnno »

Hi all,

I can't believe this hasn't been covered before, but I can't get anything returned for a search on either 'before' or 'after'.

Anyway, I was wondering whether or not it was possible to use job parameters, stage variables, or any other dynamic value as the input value to an after-job routine, and if so how you would do this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Johnno
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hi John no,

I don't understand your problem.

You can feed an after-job-routine, after-stage-routine, before-job-routine and before-stage-routine with job parameters.

If you need them to feed with variables you have processed via your Job run you have to take common variables.

Wolfgang
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Before/After rotuine input values

Post by chulett »

johnno wrote:I can't believe this hasn't been covered before, but I can't get anything returned for a search on either 'before' or 'after'.
:? Something seems to be broken. I couldn't either until I told it 'Exact Match'. Really don't think it should be working that way, but try that as a alternative.

As mentioned, Job Parameters are the easiest thing to use After Job. Simply refer to them there like you do anywhere else. Stage Variables are basically a 'no', at least not directly. The only other way I can think of off the top of my head would be to use the five system variables @USER0 thru @USER4. A search on USER0 should turn up plenty of lively discussion of their use.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
johnno
Participant

Post by johnno »

Thanks folks - all sorted!