upgrade from DS 5.2 to DS 7.1 (Solaris 2.8)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ucf007
Charter Member
Charter Member

upgrade from DS 5.2 to DS 7.1 (Solaris 2.8)

Post by ucf007 »

Hello,

I'm running a parallel test(DS 7.1) with our production environment (DS 5.2) and we ran about 650 DS jobs.
We found some issues that we fixed, but concerning one test,
we couldn't obtain the same results between 5.2 and 7.1, in the 7.1
it seems like lookup with hashed files generated in previous jobs, gave us different results in DS 7.1.
Does anyone experienced this also ?

Thanks in advance
Ucf
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What do you mean by "gave us different results"? Can you give a specific example? Is it with all hash files or just certain ones - and if certain ones, anything in common amongst the ones with issues? Are they anything other than Dynamic (Type 30) hash files? Created inside the Project or explicitly "Pathed"? Are you saying that hash files work fine if generated / rebuilt under 7.1 but a newly upgraded job trying to read an existing hash has problems... is that right? :?

Any information along those lines (or anything else you can think of that might be relevant) would help people help you out. And by the way, I haven't experienced anything like this, but then I've never worked on a Solaris box either. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ucf007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ucf007 »

hello Craig

thanks for your answwer, here is the information:
- there are pathed HF
- we synchronized the Oracle DB between the 2 environment
- I checked some HF this morning and it seems like some of them
haven't the option "clear before writing" checked.

So, I'm assuming that in this case there is persistent data in the HF,
so as long as we didn't synchronizs the HF, we can find differences ?

Thanks for your help.
ucf
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ucf007 wrote:So, I'm assuming that in this case there is persistent data in the HF, so as long as we didn't synchronizs the HF, we can find differences ?
I don't think you should be seeing any differences. :? As before, it would help to know what kind of differences you think you are seeing, then we stand a chance of tracking down the culprit. Also, I'm assuming you are talking about differences in the way they are working in the new version rather than differences in their content in your two environments... yes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers