Can DataStage execute remotely on NT box?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rdy
Participant

Can DataStage execute remotely on NT box?

Post by rdy »

Is it possible for DataStage on a Unix server to remotely execute command line commands on a separate Windows 2000 server?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It can be done, as far as I know. Do a search in this forum for remsh to see various discussions on this topic, that should get you started.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rdy
Participant

How do I pass parameters to ExecuteCommand?

Post by rdy »

chulett wrote:It can be done, as far as I know. Do a search in this forum for remsh to see various discussions on this topic, that should get you started.
So if I want to do that with DataStage, I would use an ExecuteCommand stage in a sequence job, right?

Is there any way to use DataStage environment variables as parameters for this? I tried a test job just now with $Parm1 and took this as a literal. (So it executed "ls $Parm1" instead of "ls -l" when my parm was "-l".
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Seems to depend on your platform as to whether you can use Job Parameters in the CommandExecution stage or not. From what I've seen, it doesn't work on most. :?

Try using #Parm1# instead of $Parm1 and see if that works. If it doesn't, you'll need to fall back on a Routine that wrappers your call to the O/S and uses DSExecute to launch things.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers