Mapped Network Drive not visible

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

denzilsyb
Participant

Mapped Network Drive not visible

Post by denzilsyb »

Hi guys/gals

I have two servers that need to communicate to each other on dedicated network cards. This I can do, and have managed to map drives to and from each server.

On windows level (windows explorer) I can create files on the mapped drives from the linked servers, meaning that on each side, I have the necessary permissions.

In DataStage I have an ODBC stage through a transformer and into a sequential stage.

When I want to specify the file location in the sequential stage, I cant see the mapped drive (F:\) when browsing in the sequential stage. Even if I specify the location (i.e. F:\filename.dat) datastage returns an error that it cannot create the file in the specified location (even if F:\ is mapped to the right place in windows explorer).

any suggestions?

dnzl
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the value of ALLOWNFS in your uvconfig file? Originally DataStage did not automatically allow use of mapped network drives, because this was the default behaviour in UniVerse (for reasons unconnected with DataStage). Later versions of DataStage (certainly 5.2 and later) DataStage's default was changed to allow use of mapped network drives.
If ALLOWNFS is 1, you should be able to use mapped network drives; if 0 you are prohibited.

If this isn't the problem, check the permissions on the share. You might also try to use the UNC name, rather than the mapped drive letter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Other than the ALLOWNFS setting as Ray mentioned, it is likely to be related to the username.

1. mapped drives must be mapped using the same username that you log into DataStage with.
2. the server must be logged into (meaning - if you reboot the server, Windows will start and be operational, waiting at the login screen, but mapped drives are not functional). To solve this, log into the server then you can re-lock it with CTL-ALT-DEL. Now the drives are mapped.

Let us know if this helps.
John
wdudek
Participant

Post by wdudek »

You probably need to have the datastage service running as the same user who has the mapped drive, LocalAccount I dop not believe will have access to this functionality.
denzilsyb
Participant

Post by denzilsyb »

Thanks guys

ALLOWNFS in uvconfig was set up right.
mapped drives must be mapped using the same username that you log into DataStage with
this solved the issue.

dnzl
dnzl
"what the thinker thinks, the prover proves" - Robert Anton Wilson