CoSort problems

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tjmeichen
Participant

CoSort problems

Post by tjmeichen »

I am receiving the following error when running a consort plug in and am unsure how to fix it.

DataStage Job 2267 Phantom 3132
Program "DSP.ActiveRun": Line 51, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage DMR0341MergeIPHandPPHcosortc..CoSORT_62
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3

I am sorting in Direct Mode and have supplied the input and output filenames as well as other parameters.
cnguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnguyen »

Has it ever worked before? It sounds like a permission issue. I would make sure that the datastage account has access to the CoSort directory and the output directory (or even temporary directory).

Another approach is to run CoSort directly (outside of DataStage) to make sure it works first.
tjmeichen
Participant

Post by tjmeichen »

I checked the permissions on the folder and had the administrator grant me full control on the folder and that still did not work
cnguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnguyen »

I am not sure what the problem is.... :? . Would it be possible for you to run coSORT outside of DataStage (i.e. command-line interface from unix) using the same user account?
cnguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnguyen »

I am not sure what the problem is.... :? . Would it be possible for you to run coSORT outside of DataStage (i.e. command-line interface from unix) using the same user account?