Error Message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soma
Participant

Error Message

Post by soma »

J_Date_Month..Trans_Null_Conversion: C Stage PlugIn function "Get" required
J_Date_Month..Trans_Null_Conversion: |-100|

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage J_Date_Month..Trans_Null_Conversion

Job J_Date_Month aborted.

I am using DataStage 7.1, I applied patch for a plug-in stage. I registered and deregistered the plug-in thro' Datastage Manager. After that I ran a server job. The above mentioned error message is displayed. Please let me know the reason for the error and how o resolve it.
soma
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Greetings! Welcome.

I'm afraid you may be a little bit ahead of the curve here, having actually gotten your hands on (and installed) Version 7.1. We've just recently got our server up to 7.0.1 and have yet to even order 7.1. :cry:

To me that seems like a strange error for a Server job to throw, sounds more like something from a Parallel job. :? (unless, perhaps, this is from a new Plugin Stage in your version?) I would think you best bet would be to contact Ascential Support and see if they can help you out, especially if there is already a patch involved in the process.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
soma
Participant

Post by soma »

Thanx Chulett,

Will try to contact Ascential support to get that resolved.

Soma.

chulett wrote:Greetings! Welcome.

I'm afraid you may be a little bit ahead of the curve here, having actually gotten your hands on (and installed) Version 7.1. We've just recently got our server up to 7.0.1 and have yet to even order 7.1. :cry:

To me that seems like a strange error for a Server job to throw, sounds more like something from a Parallel job. :? (unless, perhaps, this is from a new Plugin Stage in your version?) I would think you best bet would be to contact Ascential Support and see if they can help you out, especially if there is already a patch involved in the process.
soma
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Soma - I'm curious if you ever got a resolution to this?

In case anyone else commits the same sin and starts seeing the same helpful error messages...

We had a job start throwing this same error yesterday and were stumped for a bit. It was in all ways a "normal server job", using OCI and Hash to process a small amount of data. Problem is it always aborted with the same set of errors you mentioned.

Turned out our problem was simple. Of the three OCI stages in the job, two were OCI9 and one was (quite by accident, I'm sure) an OCI8 stage. That's what you get when you run your palette zoomed out so far that the differences in the two icons become indistinguishable. They replaced the OCI8 with an OCI9 stage and once more there was joy in Muddville.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Get" is one of the five fundamental functions delivered by plug-in stages (all passive stages, in fact). The list is Open, Get, GetByKey, Put and Close.
You said that you'd "registered and deregistered" the plug-in stage. It seems to me that the stage would need to be registered so that its functions could be discovered.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ferreirahe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ferreirahe »

Hi,

I also had an odd same experience with OCI9i. After unregistering the OCI9i, I re-registered it again. The "Get" "Put" error came up.
It seems that when we register the plug-in, something is loose.
I checked the path of the original plug-in and it is "rooted" (with no path in front). When I register after the creation of the project, I have to choose a path where to get the .dll and that path is written in ther properties.

I solved the problem creating another project. Then I exporte and imported the jobs to the new project. Now everything is running smoothly.

However, I still do not understand the reason for the misterious and wrongly registering of the plug-in. I have not put this issue to Ascential yet, but I will do it soon...or is it solved with release 7.1r1 (I have 7.1)?