Need info regarding DS internal file Types

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ravindar
Participant

Need info regarding DS internal file Types

Post by Ravindar »

Hi all,

Plz send me any documentation which talks about "Datastage internal file Types"

My emailId is ravindar_ragavan@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in advance
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

There isn't any except for employees of Ascential. If they give some out then I want a copy.
Mamu Kim
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

What exactly do you need ? What is your specific requirement/task you want to achieve?

Ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not even all employees of Ascential have access to this information.
Ascential's take is that you don't need to know - it works OK and that's all you need to know. Plus, they reserve the right to change it at any version. And it has been changed over time.

If you are a first-line support person, then you should be escalating this question through Ascential support channels. And you will be required to sign a strongly-binding non-disclosure agreement.

:twisted: There is, of course, the possibility that you could resolve all your questions by first acquiring sufficient skills to hack this kind of database (not available from Ascential, but a sequence of UniVerse training from IBM might thus equip you) then doing so, changing one thing at a time to see which attribute's value got changed in the database.

Some of what you might want to know can be discerned by exporting a project to the documentation tool (doc_tool.mdb), opening it bypassing the Access startup macro (hold down the Shift key or use F11 once into Access), then choosing Tools > Relationships from the menu to produce an E-R diagram of the design-time components (less job sequences) in the DataStage Repository for that project.

:?: Why do you want to know?

Access is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. DataStage is a trademark of Ascential Software Corporation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.