Locked jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajsimha123
Participant

Locked jobs

Post by rajsimha123 »

What needs to be done if a job gets locked ?
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

Pls search the forum. This has already been discussed lot many times.
You can use the cleanup resources option in the Director to unlock a job. For more information on this do a search.You would get extensive information.

--Rich
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please be more specific. Do you mean that the job design gets locked (this job is in use by another process)? Or do you mean locked in that it appears to be running but not processing any rows? Or something else again?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

The same topic discussed many times . if u go to director and then use "Cleanup resource " option from the Job menu.

Regds
Mandyli
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Go to "CleanUp Resources" and try to click the "logoff" button after
selecting the appropriate job.
If this does not work then log onto the Unix box and kill the specified process

Regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All responders (except me) have assumed what the OP meant by "locked".

Beware of assumptions. As you may already be aware, or soon enough will become aware, they are highly dangerous things in an ETL environment!

Let me also make the point that killing a process will rarely release some kinds of lock but, instead, leave the locks in a state called "held by a defunct process", which are even harder to clean up because defunct processes are not displayed in the Cleanup Resources window.

The correct mechanism for addressing the situation "job is locked" (whatever that means) is going to depend on what the OP means by "locked", which is why I asked the question and why I await the OP's response before posting again.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.