Abnormal termination of stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
What are two type of input sources you have?
What type of targe(s) you have?
What are you doing in tranform state.

Ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

After the job aborts, reset it. There may then be an entry in your log with the title "From previous run..." containing additional information.

There are many possible causes of abnormal termination, as a search on this Forum will reveal. Usually it's because you've tried to do something illegal, like use NULL as the second argument of a conversion function, or force too much data into a space where they won't fit, or attempt to use a variable as a file variable when the file is not open.

Without knowing exactly what your stage is doing it's not possible to provide any more accurate diagnosis. You could search the Forum looking for ideas. You could post your design here in the quest for additional help. We would need:
  • reference key expression
    constraint expressions
    stage variable derivation expressions (if any)
    output column derivation expressions
It may also be the case that the abnormal termination is being caused by one of your passive stage types. The extra diagnostic information from resetting the job would also help.

Finally, you might like to run your job and select stage tracing to collect the properties and subroutine calls associated with your Transformer stage. This might also indicate where the problem occurs. Is it in row 1, a known row (if so, what's different about this row?) or an arbitrary row?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yxong
Participant

Post by yxong »

I am so sorry for taking this long. I was out & tried to catch up other projects.

Thank you so much for replying the issue above.
I recreated a job and started from scratch & it works. I think it has to do something with the lookup table and constraint in the transform.

Thank again.