Last Record is Missing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

s_r_chandru
Charter Member
Charter Member

Last Record is Missing

Post by s_r_chandru »

Hi
Ken,
We have issue in Sequential File stage,I try to write a 500000 record from the source to target both sequenctial file doing two hash file lookup(No constrains),The issue is that,the last record is missing in the target which is present in the source((In Unix i use the tail command to view the last record in the source and the target )) we are wondering how come.But there is no log no warning at all,In the director when I monitor it shows all record written to the file but when I go physically and check i could not get the last record is there any work around for it, eagerly looking towards your reply

Thanks,
-Chandru
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
You may do addtional check to find the missing record.
1. Try using @OUTROWNUM System variable in the transformer while writing in the sequential file. This is incremental number and will give you record count in the output seq file.
2. Try using another link in the transformer which will write the reject records.

These two will help in finding the missing record.

Thks

Ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Chances are that the final line in the source file is missing its end-of-line character, and your DataStage job specifies UNIX style end-of-line markers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
s_r_chandru
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by s_r_chandru »

Thanks Ray,
I found that the problem is in the RowBufferring ,Once I disable it i could get the Last record,Ray did you come with this problem anytime regarding rowbuffering

-Chandru
Last edited by s_r_chandru on Mon May 24, 2004 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you search the forum, you'll find that there have been several recent conversations regarding Row Buffering and the strange problems it can cause. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers