Server job linked input not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marc_brown98
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server job linked input not found

Post by marc_brown98 »

Being fairly new to DS, I have a job that I was finishing up and wanted to change the names of the input links. After renaming one, the job won't compile, even though the link name appears in the diagram and in the transform it is the same. Any hints on what to do to fid this?

Thanks
Marc
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you using it in a Constraint? They won't auto-rename like the Derivation links will.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
marc_brown98
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by marc_brown98 »

I just went into the job to check the contraint, now, DS is giving me an OLE error. hmm.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

OLE errors are usually memory problems on your client, try rebooting your PC.

Ogmios
marc_brown98
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by marc_brown98 »

Ogmios,
I rebooted, to no avail. I can't get to the Link to rename it, also I cannot view the properties on the output file, It seems like the job has become corrupt or something. Any other suggestions are very much appreciated.

Marc
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

If one of my developers came to me with that, my first hunch would be that you erased part of your DataStage client installation.

Normally to see the properties of a stage, right click with your mouse on the stage and select "Properties".

To change a link name: right click on a link with your mouse and select "Rename".

If these elementary things are not working something very BASIC is wrong (no pun intended :wink:). Grab someone else his PC with a DataStage client on it and try it from there. If it works from the other PC, reinstall you client.

Ogmios