Out parameters in DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Anand K
Participant

Out parameters in DataStage

Post by Anand K »

Hi All..

I have a procedure which has 2 in parameters and 4 out parameters.
These 4 out parameters are neither inserted in a table nor captured in a file.
Please suggest me a method by which the 4 out parameters in the stored procedure (source) can be captured in a table or file.
It will be of great help if I could know this can be done through ORAOCI8 Stage itself..
Thnx in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I really don't believe that DataStage supports out parameters in a Stored Procedure. Perhaps in the future when the much delayed Stored Procedure Stage makes its debut, but not now.

Search the forum for 'stored procedure', I seem to recall several prior conversations on this topic... but don't recall any resolution other than rebuilding the functionality of the proc directly into a DS job. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Craig is right.
If you insist on having the logic in a Stored Procedure the only thing close to getting what you want will be to invoke the SP in a before sql statement in a plugin stage, have the SP build or populate a table, use the output link to get the data and in an after sql statement issue a dorp table or another SP that will cleanup the temp data you put in the first SP.

or

input the rows you want to a table (temp in nature not real temp table) run in a after sql the SP to populate another table with the results and then read the data in an output link.

(you get the general idea I hope)

I for one prefer rewriting the logic in ds when possible.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org