Correct location/syntax of DSGETLOGENTRY

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phyllis
Participant

Correct location/syntax of DSGETLOGENTRY

Post by phyllis »

Exactly where does this need to be placed? I'm trying to add it as a derivation in my transform so the value will write to my reject file into a column called LOG_INFO. I can't seem to get the syntax correct, or I'm just not putting it in the correct place within the job.

DSGetLogEntry(DSJ.ME,DSGetNewestLogId(DSJ.ME,DSJ.LOGWARN))

Also, does this work for DS version 5.2? :cry:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is not really the way you test for rejected rows, because there can be timing issues - updating the log file is buffered I/O, so the warning that you want to catch may not yet be in the log file.
Earlier today I posted a technique for capturing database errors. Other reasons for rejection should be trapped in Transformer stage output constraints - rejects can be handled on an output link that is either marked as handling rejects or which is constrained using an expression that is the logical inverse of all prior output links' constraint expressions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.