Running DataStage from a remote site i.e. dial-in

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ewartpm
Participant

Running DataStage from a remote site i.e. dial-in

Post by ewartpm »

Hi guys, is it possible to dial-in to a Unix box and run DataStage Director :?:

How would one do this i.e. what is required on the Unix side and are there any settings required for DataStage?

Many thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Director doesn't run on UNIX; you'd need to dial in to a Windows machine to do this. Once you're logged in (presumably via RAS), you're just another Windows user; connecting via Director (or any of the other DataStage clients) to the DataStage server is as usual.

Similarly, if you're set up to dial in to the UNIX server, while you don't have to do anything special in the way of configuration, you will not have access to the (Windows-based) clients. You can, of course, use the command line interface dsjob.

Another thing you might consider is DSWebMon, which can be used to control DataStage through a Web browser. You can find more details here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.