Email Notification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jo8712
Participant

Email Notification

Post by jo8712 »

I know there is that stage in job sequencer that sends an email, but I was wondering if there is somewhere to set up email notification if the job fails?
MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MukundShastri »

You can do that using the sequencer. Call the job activity stage for your job first and give trigger 'otherwise' and then call the send email activity stage. I think this should work.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Email Notification

Post by chulett »

jo8712 wrote:I know there is that stage in job sequencer that sends an email, but I was wondering if there is somewhere to set up email notification if the job fails?
You mean somewhere other than by using a Sequencer? There are a couple of options. An Enterprise Scheduler (like Control-M) can do that as part of its ability to run applications like DataStage jobs, but you are better off having it run Sequence jobs - and then you might as well do the emails yourself. You can also create Job Control code to wrapper the job and send emails in case there are situations that require it.

There isn't anything like one 'global' place in DataStage that says 'Send this email if any job ever fails'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Check out for DSSendmail in the manual. You need to code to call this function to send email when job fails.

Cheers
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is, in Routines\Built-In\Utilities, a routine called DSSendMailTester, which contains sample code to allow you to research how to invoke the DSSendMail() function correctly, and to test it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.