Value of Job Parameter in Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wdudek
Participant

Value of Job Parameter in Sequencer

Post by wdudek »

Is there a way to see the values of a ( or all) job parameters in my sequencers, I have a parameter in all sequencers that points either to my production or test database, in several cases I have found that this was not switched when the job was moved into production and would like to find any more problems before hand.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You can use the Reporting Assistant doc_tool.mdb or MetaStage. If you are talking about run time values then just MetaStage. If you want the query to find it in doc_tool.mdb then I can look it up. I think the default values are stored in DSProperties and the parameters are in DSSPParameters.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The sequencer's own parameters' default values are viewable at design time using the Job Properties dialog.
Parameter values with which the sequencer ran are in the "started" event in the sequencer's job log.
Run time default values can be viewed in the Director client's Job menu by choosing the Set Defaults option.

To see the default values of parameters in controlled jobs you will need to create some custom code, perhaps treating that produced by the sequencer as a prototype. In this custom code use DSGetParamInfo with appropriate arguments (such as DSJ.PARAMDEFAULT and DSJ.PARAMDESDEFAULT). Consult on-line help for DSGetParamInfo for more information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.