Arraysize

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj4756
Participant

Arraysize

Post by raj4756 »

Hi All,

I'm reading about 6 million rows from an Oracle partitoned table in an OCI stage. What is the optimum number for the arraysize to set.

Thanks.

Raj
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

The easiest way that I've seen to do this is to experiment and see which value is correct for your situation. You may have to redo this, if you change the number of columns returned from Oracle.

Tony
jseclen
Participant

Re: Arraysize

Post by jseclen »

Hi Raj,

You must to considerate 2 items:

1) Read all records using 1 query
2) Use partitioned query using key ranges

Depending the choice you will have:

1) The Array size to define will have to be a value that allows to read the greater record number without degrading the process throughout.
2) To consider the amount of querys simultaneous and the ranges that one will have each, in such a way that the amount of registries by each query is equitable. To apply the consideration of point 1.

:lol:
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a function of row size; effectively it's how many rows of data to move in one hit, for example to make best use of internal buffers, network packets, and so on. It's only an exact science if you know the exact and unvarying values of every possible variable in the mix (which you don't and can't).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.