QS Plugin Issues.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiran_kom
Participant

QS Plugin Issues.

Post by kiran_kom »

We were having problems with one of our jobs when trying to read from a sequential file stage with a QS plugin. I am linking the file stage directly to the plugin. I am getting inconsistent results with this setup. Sometimes the job runs fine (About 4 out of 5 times), other times it fails with an Access violation Error (DSP.ActiveRun at line 51 error) or simply hangs.

I tried putting a transformer between the file stage and the plugin and the problem seems have been solved. Atleast I havent been able to reproduce the problem in about 12 runs. I've had problems with other plugins (ORABulk and SQLBulk) when I was writing into them directly without using a transformer.

My question is if this is a known issue, (have any others run into similar problems) and that the QS plugin should as a matter of principle not directly connected to I/O stages, or am I doing something wrong ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I can't really say specifically for the QS Stage (don't have it), but it is "good practice" to never link two passive stages directly together. I encourage people I mentor as a matter of course to always put a Transformer between passive stages like you mention, even if it "doesn't do anything" but pass the data through. Cuts way down on the odd, hard to explain errors. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kiran_kom
Participant

Post by kiran_kom »

Thanks Craig. We've sent the issue to Ascential, lets see what they have to say on this.