How to invoke the Lookup or join or any parallel stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarreddy
Participant

How to invoke the Lookup or join or any parallel stages

Post by kumarreddy »

Hi all,
Here how to invoke the any parallel stages(lookup,join,mege....) in my job ...
here i am facing the problem like ,not able to invoke the join stage or lookup stage in my jobs...
thanks
Kumar G
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If 'invoke' means 'use', you need to have the 390/Mainframe version of DataStage in order to be use certain stages and some are specific to the PX version. You can tell which stages below where by looking at their backgrounds in the online help. They'll be a different color than Server stages and will be labelled differently.

Are you sure you have the proper version of DataStage for the Stages you are trying to use?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you have all options installed, and invoke the "File > New" menu, you get five choices:
  • server job
    parallel job
    mainframe job
    shared container
    job schedule
The job in which you're actually working will have the appropriate word in the top left hand corner of the canvas.
As Craig mentioned, the stage types are idiosyncratic. You can only use PX stage types in parallel jobs, you can only use mainframe stage types in mainframe jobs.
Check whether you've opened a server job inadvertently - if you have, you will not be able to use PX or mainframe stage types. They won't even appear on the palette.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.