ERROR during Installation of DS SERVER 7.1 on SOLARIS 2.8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ririr
Participant

ERROR during Installation of DS SERVER 7.1 on SOLARIS 2.8

Post by ririr »

I am getting the following error while installing the DS server(7.1) on Solaris 2.8.

install.sh: /tmp/dsinstall/solaris/server.: cannot open
ERROR: cannot unpack libdslic.so

I checked the file permissions and also for appropriate disk space.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Can you, please, explain the process you went thru step by step?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How much disk space do you really have? Solaris is notorious for having a small /tmp file system and for mounting swap there.
Choose a non-default temp area, with at least the recommended amount of free space there in addition to the disk space needed to install the actual product. (I don't know what the recommended temp space is for 7.1, but I'd allow nothing smaller than 300MB.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Does the directory /tmp/dsinstall/solaris/server. exist with a fullstop at the end of the path? Sometimes if you ftp the install files from a Windows drive to Sun Solaris you can lose the fullstop at the end of folder paths.
Oli
Participant

Post by Oli »

There are several files that have a fullstop (a dot ".") at the end of the filename. Rename the server file to server. and try to install again. You will probably get this error message a few times more since there are more files that have a dot at the end of the filename.
ririr
Participant

Post by ririr »

Thanks to you all for valuable input. Yes, the files lost "dot" while ftp'ing from windows.

I was able to install the s/w.

Now, the dsrpcd service is running on the box and during installation i created a project called "TEST". Now that, I am tring to connect to the server from the WINDOWS DS client it is throwing the following error:

Failed to connect to host: test1, project: UV
(User name and/or password incorrect (80011))

I can connect(by telnet) to the test1 server using PUTTY with the same user name and password

I think I am missing something

Please advise

Thanks