Tablet PC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

s
Participant

Tablet PC

Post by s »

I am in the process of acquiring an Acer Tablet PC. Would I be able to install Datastage onto Microsoft Tablet PC version.

Please help. Need to pay by Monday :)

thanks

svp
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Definitely not if you're expecting to run parallel jobs.
Almost certainly not otherwise; DataStage server requires that at least the file system on which it is installed is NTFS; I believe the Tablet PC does not support NTFS file systems.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yah, I really doubt it. It won't even install on a pc with XP Home as it requires XP Pro and checks for it. It's not the old - hey, it's not supported but go ahead and try it, it may work - as I said, it blocks the physical install.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
s
Participant

thanks

Post by s »

Ray and Craigg

Thanks for the timely info. But was not sure, if Tablet PC edition is an extension of XP PRO. MS does not clarify on their site.
svp
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Well, why not try it and let us know? 8)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If running DataStage on it is a make-or-break decision for you, I'd try to contact Ascential ASAP and see if it will install or not before you potentially 'waste' your money. If it's just a 'gee it would be nice' kind of thing, then... well, let us know. :wink:

What kind of horsepower does one of those things have nowadays?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers