EXPORT PROBLEM

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rexy
Participant

EXPORT PROBLEM

Post by rexy »

Hi all,
I have a problem exporting my jobs.

The problem is that my DSX has all the value "TRUE" and "FALSE" in my local language (Italian) "VERO" and "FALSE".

My localization of the client is Italian, if I try to change it to international the export work but director and designe give me run-time error...
Other people that work with me has the same localitation of windows (Italian) and all works fine.

Any idea ? Pheraps some program has conflict with the international settings of Datastage ?

thanks
A.M
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the header of the DSX file is a Character Set setting.
You can try changing this to the appropriate value for your Italian environment then try importing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rexy
Participant

RE:

Post by rexy »

THANKS for your help,
but I can not find the header of the DSX
may you tell me more ?

thanks
A.M
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Open the DSX file in NotePad (or any text editor) right at the top of the file you should see:

Code: Select all

BEGIN HEADER
   CharacterSet "CP1252"
   ExportingTool "Ascential DataStage Export"
Set the value for CharacterSet to the appropriate value for your Italian environment. (I'm not sure off hand what the code page is for Italy)