where to use bad files in orabulk load stage properties.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gughanand
Participant

where to use bad files in orabulk load stage properties.

Post by Gughanand »

I tired using to connect the orabulk load stage for transferring the 10lakhs rows for source to target.But i couldn't find the bad files / rejected files in orabulk stage properties.Kindly help me in this ...I should meet my deadline....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

The ORABULK stage is quite old, and quite limited in the functionality and performance it offers. 10,00,000 rows is what DataStage practitioners would regard as a medium sized ETL task.

Search this forum to find techniques to gain orders of magnitude more speed using a Sequential File stage to write the data file(s), and the ORABULK stage to write the control file for sqlldr.

There is a lot more that you can do, by editing the control file before invoking sqlldr, such as tuning the buffer sizes, specifying parallel load and, as you want to do, specifying a destination for the bad rows.

None of this is automatic, however. :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.