Running and resetting jobs from within job control

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SANOJ
Participant

Running and resetting jobs from within job control

Post by SANOJ »

I created a job which purpose it is to call an underlying job n times (in a loop). I did this within the job control section of the job properties. This mechanism works fine, except if the underlying job aborts, because then the controlling job stops too.

Now I want to ensure that my controlling job calls the underlying job again (with different parameters)

I tried to use the RUNRESET instead of RUNNORMAL to call the underlying job, but then I got an errormessage stating that the underlying job had never been run.

So the question is : which statements should I include in the jobcontrol so that if the called job aborts, it can be called again (with different parameters) in the next iteration of the loop.
Wim

Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might want to post your code so you can get specific help. But, as a general comment, after you attach to the job you can call DSPrepareJob before you run it and that will reset the job if it needs it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

I would lay a bet on that the poster has not detached the current job handle and re-attached a new handle. You need a new handle for every run, and must detach the old if you want to RESET the job.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
SANOJ
Participant

Post by SANOJ »

Both suggestions worked. :D
Thanks!

Wim
Wim