Oracle Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj4756
Participant

Oracle Stage

Post by raj4756 »

Hello All,

I have a job that reads from 3 Oracle tables and writes to a flat files with some operators(sort, join & transformer) in between.The data from Oracle goes to a sort operator and then to a join operator.
When I run the job it completes successfully. I get the no of rows I'm expecting, but when I click on new monitor under Tools in Director, the status for data coming out of the 2 oracle stages is Unknown and number of rows is zero. The 3rd Oracle stage has data going out of it fine. When I click on show performance statistics on Designer, all the links are green except the link joining Oracle to sort.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here ?
Please help.

Raj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's not enough information here for diagnosis. For example, what is the SELECT query for each stage? What colour is the link that isn't green? (By default blue = waiting, red = aborted). If it's waiting, is there a locking issue in Oracle - are you, perhaps, trying to update the same table, or has someone else established a serializable transaction that your job waits for?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raj4756
Participant

Post by raj4756 »

The DB Options Mode is set to Auto-generate. There are 2 columns in the oracle stage, they are : cntrct_id numeric 38 and cntrct_stts_cd varchar2(10). The colour of the link is black. I'm not doing any updates in the oracle stage.
Also, I get the following warning "When checking operator: Column CNTRCT_ID floating point decimal not fully supported. Adjusting scale."

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks.

Raj
jasper
Participant

Post by jasper »

Raj,
looks like a problem I've had. Also with oracle stage, but this actually had nothing to do with it. Check out :
viewtopic.php?t=87373
which handles about problems with the monitor.

the floating point not fully supported is a problem I'm also getting. I have this when I select a field like max(ID) from a table. even converting this to a number did not solve this for me (the standards type of max, sum,count,... in oracle is floating point)