Mutex error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ewartpm
Participant

Mutex error

Post by ewartpm »

Hi Guys

I know there are a number of entries in this forum on this topic. I have looked at them all, tried everything suggested and still get the timeout error even when I have no row bvuffering enabled and I'm not caching any hash files.

The job itself is largeish, 4 transform stages and about 15 hashfiles being used for lookups. The source is a sequential file and the target is Sql Server 2000. Only processing about 40,000 rows.

The DataStage server is my laptop at the moment because I'm working offsite. It is a P3, has 512MB RAM, 30GB HHD and 1 CPU. It manages all the other jobs except this particular one.

Is there anything else one can set, try etc to avaiod this mutex error?
Mark Ewart-Phipps
Centerfield Software (Pty) Ltd
Tel +27 11 462 7003
Fax +27 11 462 7392
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... if you've gone through all of the 'mutex' posts and nothing there has helped then perhaps you could try making the job less 'largeish' - is that a possibility? Do you have other jobs that are similiar to this job (in size / complexity / behaviour) but that run fine?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers