Importing ODBC Table Definitions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ewartpm
Participant

Importing ODBC Table Definitions

Post by ewartpm »

:( I have been trying to import table definitions from a Sql Server 2000 database using the DataStage Manager. The user id I connect to the database has dbowner rights and therefore has nothing restricted. The import goes thru without any problems, but when I look at the metadata definition it only imports the first column in the table. It does this on all the tables I import.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you connect during the Import process, select just one table then click on the Details button. This should return a list of the column names in a message box. Also click on View Data.
These will determine whether the problem is in what SQL Server is returning, or what DataStage is writing to the repository.
You might also enable ODBC tracing, so that you can observe the effect of, particularly, the SQLConnect, SQLTables, SQLColumns (and, possibly, SQLColAttributes and SQLSpecialColumns) functions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I had this once it's something to do with your ODBC configuration.
there is an option you must uncheck in the ODBC definition process.
Unfortunatly I can't recall which one it is :(.
I think it was something to do with the Use regional settings or the Perform translation for characterdata option (not sure which one it is).

Do post which one was it :).

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org