Problem in loading into Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sambasiva
Participant

Problem in loading into Oracle

Post by sambasiva »

Hi,

I am new to Data Stage tool, Presently i am Loading the data from Flat File to Oracle Database.I am facing a problem while loading the data.It has complied prefectly well, but while running it is aborted. It says
Job PVC1 aborted.
Where should i see the error messages.
thanks in advance.

SB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome to the Forum.

In the Director client, Log view, is where you can see the error messages.
Double click on any event to get the detail (you can also use right mouse button, or the View > Detail menu option).

Still in Director, reset your job after it aborts. In the job log you may get a message "from previous run..." with additional information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sambasiva
Participant

loading data from oracle to flat file

Post by sambasiva »

Hi Ray,

Thanks!, I got it.
There is another problem from me. I had tried to load the data from Oracle to flat file, which i have to pass on to some other job.
but i getting a error message.
while i am compiling it is saying that
PLUG_IN STAGE DOESNOT HAVE THE REQUIRED STREAMINPUTS.
when i am clicking on show error messages, it is not displaying anything.
Can we know where i can see in detail the error messages and how to overcome the error.

Thx
ss
santhu
Participant

Re: loading data from oracle to flat file

Post by santhu »

Hi Sambasiva,

After reading the error message you have posted, I think you might have chosen a wrong Oracle Plug-in stage as the Input Source stage.

Which Oracle stage have you chosen in your job? "STREAM" keyword is generally associated with the primary data stage / link.

Can you give details of your stage used and the DS version?

What's u'r full name, as I have one more friend with same First name :?

Regards,
Santhosh S
vijay_reddy
Participant

Re: loading data from oracle to flat file

Post by vijay_reddy »

santhu wrote:Hi Sambasiva,

After reading the error message you have posted, I think you might have chosen a wrong Oracle Plug-in stage as the Input Source stage.

Which Oracle stage have you chosen in your job? "STREAM" keyword is generally associated with the primary data stage / link.

Can you give details of your stage used and the DS version?

What's u'r full name, as I have one more friend with same First name :?

Regards,
Santhosh S

Hi Santosh,

My source is oracle, ie from the palette i have dragged Orabulk
and linked it to transformer using link and then again linked it to the sequential file. I am getting the error which i have mentioned above.
The version is 6.0

Moever my name is sambasiva Rao.

Thx
ss
1stpoint
Participant

hmm

Post by 1stpoint »

sounds like you should enroll in the basic DS Training.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

The ORABULK stage is a wrapper to sqlldr. If you understand what sqlldr is, then you should know that it is not a data extractor, it is a data loader. Therefore, it has no ability to spool data, it is what is it is. Thus, you should not put an output link to stream data from that stage, as it not a feature of sqlldr. The message indicates that data cannot stream from this stage.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ORABULK stage is, as Ken said, for the Oracle bulk loader (sqlldr); it can not be used to extract data from an Oracle data source.

To extract data from an Oracle data source you need an Oracle stage type (such as ORAOCI) or an ODBC or OLEDB stage.

There is PDF documentation about every stage type, though some of this is on the DataStage clients CD (in the Packages folder).

Undertaking a DataStage Essentials class would be beneficial to you.

Are you in India? Ascential is now able to deliver training in India: contact Peter Zeglis (peter.zeglis@ascentialsoftware.com) for more information. Otherwise visit the Ascential web site for other ways to obtain this training.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
santhu
Participant

Post by santhu »

Hi Sambasiva,

You confirmed my doubt about the wrong Oracle plugin stage selected by you.

You can read through the DS server jobs Help / documentation available with the DS client / server installation. It's very detailed and neat. Learning period for Datastage server edition is very less.

All the best.
Santhosh S